The service industry is going rogue.
Complete the fields below and we'll send email updates, determine launch cities & states by sign up volumes, and you'll be first in line to activate your Reserver account!
We've got so much more in store for you!
Our rates for Reservers won’t break the bank. We’re Industry, too, and we built this platform to solve your shift coverage problems, not create new ones.
There's a rule of thumb that the cost is typically 1.25 to 1.4 times the salary, depending on certain variables. So, if you pay someone minimum wage in Washington State at $15.74 per hour, your end cost is actually over $18 an hour right now.
Per the Small Business Administration, hiring an employee means considerable payroll tax costs, including:
•Employer share of FICA (7.65% on compensation up to the annual wage base, which is $132,900 in 2019, plus 1.45% on compensation over the annual wage base). •Federal unemployment tax (FUTA) of $42 per employee. The FUTA tax rate is 6%, but most employers can take a FUTA credit of 5.4%, resulting in a mere 0.6%. •State unemployment tax, which varies with your state and your claims experience (the more claims made by former employees for unemployment benefits, the higher your state unemployment tax rate will be).
Reservers are independent contractors, not employees. You'll receive an invoice for the total owed for the hourly base rate for your labor coverage. This invoice for services is tax deductible for your business.
When you create your business account, we'll collect information to connect you with the Reservers best suited for your business. We also share this information with the Reserver pool when posting a shift to be picked up.
Great examples are:
We know that an amazing Dive Bartender and a exceptional Fine Dining Server are two entirely different things. We match both the demographic of your business and the needs of your operations with local, experienced talent that complements your profile.
We provide ratings systems for both sides so all parties confidently book or accept shifts. Some Reservers elect to have background checks. You'll see a profile icon to indicate they have passed a Checkr criminal background check along with employment verification.
For hiring, we provide an option for background checks or job verifications as well.
Lastly, we've been on both sides of the restaurant business and your experience is of greatest important to us!
Tips are to be paid to Reservers upon the completion of their shift. If your restaurant's policy is to send tips the next day with a card payment, we will disclose that in your shift posting for Reservers to evaluate in selecting a shift.
Our independent contractors are responsible for claiming tips for tax purposes.
Serve Reserves is the first on-demand shift coverage app curated exclusively for small to medium food & beverage industry retailers BY AND FOR Industry pros.
Pick up shifts where and when you choose* at bars, restaurants, cafes and more!
Earn money on your own terms with businesses needing your expertise and experience.
With our app, you can find short-term, flexible work that fits your schedule and skills. Whether you're looking for a side hustle or a full-time job, we have the opportunities you need.
*Qualifications: You must have at least 12 months of verifiable experience in any roles you wish to add to your profile, and you must maintain a 4-star or better rating to continue to be active.
Here's how it works:
1. Create a profile and add your skills, POS system experience, background and other critical details to match you best with shifts.
2. Receive a Next Steps instruction email to upload documents for account approval, such as alcohol or food service permits.
3. Complete your 1099 worker W-9 and tax forms, along with secure identity verification.
4. Once activated, you can pick up shifts instantly. You’ll always receive specifics of the shift, such as type of bar, how tips are issued, requested dress and more.
5. Start working and get paid within 24 hours.
We offer a variety of jobs, including:
* Back of House
* Trivia Hosts
* Food Trucks
* And more!
Sign up for our app today and start earning money on your own terms.
Here are some of the benefits of using our app:
* Flexibility: You can work as much or as little as you want, on your own schedule.
* Compensation: You get paid for every hour you work, plus tips. We also guarantee 15.3% above minimum wage for BASE compensation to offset your self-employment taxes as a 1099 Gig Worker.
* Security: We use industry-leading security measures to protect your personal information. We partner with Stripe for payments, so your banking info is stored securely—we don’t have access to the data. We partner with Checkr for background or ID checks as well.
* Community: Our app connects you with other gig workers, so you can network and get support.
We are confident that our app can help you earn money an do what you love. Sign up today and start working!
For Businesses: We are designed for small to medium food & beverage industry retailers. Not the corporate businesses, but the mom & pops, the sole proprietor ops, the small growing chains and more.
We know your needs and concerns—hey, our founder has been everything from dishwasher to an owner before—and we built this app to address them.
We built this for YOU. We‘ve screamed in the walk-in, been triple sat, cleaned grease traps and been in the weeds. We also love the industry in spite of the worst because the best parts still outweigh the Karens.
Pick up shifts with confidence and keep hustling and making that money on your time and terms.
Join our Army of Coverage today!